And other things I learned the hard way.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Simple Shit

Oh my friends.

Yesterday.

Yesterday was one of those days.

I had been out of bed for five WHOLE minutes. Penny and Charlotte were doing their "Who can be more pitiful?" competition.

Gator was growling at me because his dish was empty.

I was trying desperately to pour milk into a sippy cup through sleep crusted eyes and accidentally tipped the fucking thing onto the floor.

The day JUST went downhill.

Screaming.
Crying.
Throwing things.
Even the baby was having a spazz.

Downward we circled until about 2pm when I was twitching and constantly had tears in my eyes. I went to let the dogs out...

and Penny's leg was bleeding.

Really?
FUCKING REALLY?

So there was a call to:
Husband.
The vet.
Momma Kathy to babysit.
The vet again.
The old vet.
Husband.
Momma Kathy.

By the end I really just wanted to dig my own eyes out with a rusted grapefruit spoon.

I know I'm supposed to be finding something good everyday but peeps, sometimes you just can't.

So this blog post is in appreciation of those fuck all kill me now ridiculous kind of days.

We are only human.
We do NOT (contrary to what some think) blow glitter out our snizz and shit rainbows.

And you know what?
That's okay.

Because it's not healthy to be delusionally happy and optimistic all the time.

By the time I crawled into bed that night about midnight Tuesday had beat me down and made me it's bitch.

So let's raise a glass to all the days that just kicked us between the legs. Because we must be REALLY strong to have the guts to get back out of bed the next day and try it again.

Our we're insane...jury's still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment