And other things I learned the hard way.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Alright dammit, let's be positive

It has come to my attention, courtesy of my awesome friend Lynn (of yogurt cheese fame) that September is the month in which to appreciate the little things. The 'simple pleasures' if you will.


See, there's a graphic and EVERYTHING. It must be official.

The goal of this month is to realize that not every day is a total waste (I remain unconvinced) and that with proper time management you can find time every day to appreciate the simple things.

*crickets*

I think this is exactly what I need.

You may have noticed I have a...temper. Yeah, we'll go with that word (though, "scathing bitch" would also have been acceptable.)

And several weeks ago I instituted a new mantra into my life.

What other people think of me is none of my business.

And so far, to be brutally honest, I haven't had much success with it. But I'm human. I'm flawed.

So this month is going to be another notch in the belt of being an adult and trying to wrangle my life into some semblance of order.

A two fold mission this month! A re-re-RE-dedication to blogging. In conjunction with finding time every day to think about what things DIDN'T suck the big one.

So here's today's list.

The No Suck Zone:

1.) Ghost Stories by Jim Butcher. I love this author. And his new book is really dark, but really good. It's like Empire, but less muppets and more death.

2.) In relations to The Wars...Charlotte pulled a dvd off the shelf and handed it to me, as it now custom. I looked at it and asked "You want to watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars?" And she threw her arms in the arm and said "YEAH!".

3.) Apparently they still put toys in cereal boxes. We (Charlotte) got a matchbox car today. Which was completely random and you should have seen the little happy face on her.

Now here is where I tell you I will try to make a list everyday, but I know myself better.

But sweet flaming jeebs I'll try :)

Feel free to leave your own "no suck" in the comments. Or if the sort of thing doesn't jump out and bite you, feel free to leave a No Love letter. Those warm my heart like no other.

Love and face punches,
Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment